The following is a list of frequently asked questions regarding the Quarter 1 schedule for the 2020-2021 school year.
- If my child is in Group A for the blended learning option, which days do they attend school? Calendar
- If my child is in Group B for the blended learning option, which days do they attend school? Calendar
- How do I know if my child is in Group A or Group B?
- Group assignments will be included with class assignments. Pick-up will be on Friday, July 24th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m or via email if you submitted a request.
- What time is drop off and where?
- There is no supervision on campus prior to 7:10 am.
- Previously, students were allowed to wait in the cafeteria if they came to campus earlier than that. Due to the social distancing guidelines, we are no longer able to accommodate students waiting in the cafeteria.
- It is highly recommended that students are dropped off closer to the start of school, between 7:45 am - 8:00 am.
- We understand that this may not be an option for some of you. Students will not be accepted on campus prior to 7:15 am.
- If students are dropped off between 7:15 am - 7:45 am, you must use the Andrews Gym drop off area.
- Students in grades K-1 will wait near their classroom. Areas have been designated for each class following all social distancing guidelines.
- Students in grades 2-5 will wait in Andrews Gym with Waiakeawaena Staff following all social distancing guidelines.
- Students should bring something to read (book, magazine, comic book, etc.) as no personal electronics are allowed on campus.
- If students are dropped off between 7:45 am - 8:00 am, you may drop off at Kino`ole St. or Andrews Gym.
- Kino`ole gates will be locked until 7:45 am.
- If your child is tardy (8:00 am or later) please use the Kilauea Avenue drop off in front of the office.
- Where do I pick up my child and at what time?
We will be using a tiered dismissal system to reduce the amount of students walking around campus at the same time.
- 1:50 - Bus riders (pick up at Kilauea Avenue)
- 2:00 - Last name (alpha: A - K) pick up at Andrews Gym
- 2:10 - Last name (alpha: L - Z) pick up at Kino`ole
- Siblings/same household members with different last names will be assigned to one pick up area. Parents will be notified separately.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vUwBedxw7bKIjE9fthz1gVEFA4VBMGKLwEm_t3LqR-w/edit?usp=sharing Source: FAQ Sheet #2