Via Kama'aina Kids:
Dear Parents and Guardians,
In preparation for school year, 2021-2022, Kama’aina Kids has modified its pre-registration process to accommodate the schools that do not currently have A+. Please read the instructions carefully as the process has changed.
The Department of Education A+ Parent Handbook is attached. It is also accessible at www.KamaainaKids.com. We are accepting electronic forms beginning May 3, 2021 to May 28, 2021. Registrations received after May 28th may result in the student being waitlisted at the start of the school year. Please remember that your child’s registration is not final until the A+ Site Coordinator has reviewed your packet and issued a confirmation notice.
The pre-registration procedures for Kama`aina Kids’ A+ Program are outlined below:
STEP 1: Complete the following forms found in the A+ Parent Handbook. Please do not sign and initial these documents.
- Kama’aina Kids A+ Registration Form
- DOE After-School Plus (A+) Program Registration Form
- DOE Registration Agreement Form
- A+ Program Emergency Card (an emergency card is required for each student)
- Application for Subsidized Monthly Fee
- Complete this form if applying for subsidized A+ tuition. Paystubs are not necessary to pre-register.
- Only list parents/guardians and dependents in the household. Listing grandparents, aunts, and uncles aren’t necessary, if they are not a guardian to the child.
- When processing the application, proof of most recent monthly income will be collected. Therefore, at the start of the school year, you will be asked to submit pay stubs for July 2021, even if paystubs may have been submitted for earlier months.
- If a DHS Form 728 or Foster certificate is submitted, paystubs aren’t necessary.
STEP 2: Submit the above forms by:
- Email to ATP@Kamaainakids.com or
- Fax to our accounting department at (808) 261-6066
- Automatic Tuition Payment Authorization Form
- As a safety measure, please do not email this form with the pre-registration packet. Instead, fax this form directly to our accounting department at (808) 261-6066. This form is not necessary to register for A+.
- There is a one-time setup fee of $20 per family for each school year.
- If enrolling in automatic tuition payment, a new form must be completed each school year.
- You have the option of using a debit/credit card or a checking/saving bank account.
STEP 3: Forms received will be directed to the Site Coordinator to determine eligibility. The Site Coordinator will announce when registration dates are scheduled, so parents may come in to sign forms and to submit any missing documents. This will take place mid to late July.
- The monthly tuition for A+ is currently $120.00 per child.
- Fees are not prorated for days not attended.
- A+ starts on the first full day of school (Day 1 for grades 1-6).
- Kindergarten schedules vary at each school. A+ is available on their first full day.
- Payments are due by the first school day of the month. Please make checks payable to Kama`aina Kids or access your account online at www.MyProcare.com to make online payments. NO CASH PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE SITE.
- Students on the wait-list will be accepted in the order that their registration forms are received once staff have completed training and have cleared a criminal background check.
Kama’aina Kids wishes our families a safe and healthy summer break. We look forward to servicing our families in the upcoming school year.