Water is the most important nutrient. You can last for some time without food, but only days without water. Your body is made up of 75 percent water. Water is essential for maintaining blood circulation and body temperature.
As summer temperatures heat up, here are a number of important tips:
- Don’t rely on your thirst. If you are feeling thirsty, you are already a little dehydrated;
- The exact amount of water you need depends on your size, level of activity, the weather, and your general health; to see if your body has enough fluids, check the color of your urine. It should be the color of lemonade. If it looks like the color of apple juice, you may need to drink water;
- Water is a good choice to drink before, during, and after exercise; drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping. When you are well hydrated, you can exercise longer and stronger without “hitting the wall.”
- Beauty Alert!!! Fine lines and wrinkles are more pronounced when you are dehydrated. Water is nature’s own beauty cream. Water hydrates skin cells and improves blood flow, helping your skin glow;
- Water is also good for digestion and helps to prevent constipation;
- Plain water has zero calories and no added sugar, and it’s FREE.
Water is good for you!